Test Yourself The DC program is expanding so that a website will be accessible within a 20 minute walk from almost anywhere in the district.
Test Yourself The DC program is expanding so a site will be accessible within a 20-minute walk of almost anywhere in the district, according to a press release from the mayor’s office Thursday.
Eleven new websites open where residents can pick up and drop off home-COVID-19 test kits. Tests can be taken at home or administered on site.
The program is currently offered at 16 public libraries in DC
The following sites will open in DC starting next week:
- Palisades Recreation Center (5200 Sherier Place NW) – opens Monday, August 30th
- Lamond Recreation Center (20 Tuckerman St. NE) – opens Monday, August 30th
- Joseph Cole Community Center (1299 Neal St. NE) – opens Monday, August 30th
- Trinidad Recreation Center (1310 Childress St. NE) – opens Monday, August 30th
- Edgewood Recreation Center (301 Franklin St. NE) – opens Monday, August 30th
- Turkey Thicket Recreation Center (1100 Michigan Ave. NE) – opens Monday, August 30th
- Arthur Capper Community Center (1000 5th St. SE) – opens Monday, August 30th
- Rosedale Recreation Center (1701 Gales St. NE) – opens Monday, August 30th
- Southwest Library (900 Wesley Place SW) – opens Wednesday, Sept. 1 and will be open for pickup Monday through Wednesday at 7 p.m. 10-18. Thursday, noon to 6 p.m.; and Friday and Saturday at 10-18
- DC Health (899 N Capitol St. NE) – opens Wednesday, Sept. 1 and will be open for pickup Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Barry Farm Recreation Center (1230 Sumner Road SE) – opens Monday, August 30th
For more information about the Test Yourself DC program, visit the district coronavirus information page.
More news about Coronavirus
Are you looking for more information? DC, Maryland and Virginia are releasing more data every day. Visit their official sites here: Virginia | Maryland | DC
Like WTOP on Facebook and follow @WTOP on Twitter to participate in conversation about this article and others.
Get the latest news and daily headlines delivered to your email inbox by signing up here.
© 2021 WTOP. All rights reserved. This site is not intended for users within the European Economic Area.