Manchester United will increase interest in Barcelona’s Ousmane Dembele

This summer’s transfer window was unlike anything else; see all the big deals and see how we rated the biggest contracts. And just because the window is closed until January, does not mean the rumors do not keep coming. Here is the latest gossip and speculation.

TOP STORY: Man United are still interested in Dembele

Manchester United are keeping a close eye on the contract negotiations between Ousmane Dembele and Barcelona, ​​where the Premier League team is ready to take a step if the two parties are unable to reach an agreement, according to the journalist Ekrem Konir.

The extension of the contract with the 24-year-old winger remains a top priority for it Blaugrana since the season started, though he has only recently returned to first-team activities after showing a willingness to continue his career at the Camp Nou.

After Pedri signed a new contract and there have been positive reports of an extension for Gavi, there have been minor promises about former Borussia Dortmund man Dembele. Barca, who have money, are desperate to prevent another asset from disappearing with a free transfer, and negotiations are underway for a deal that will keep Dembele until 2027.

The French national team player has been linked with a number of other teams in recent months, and there was a switch to Man United before the summer window closed. If an agreement is not reached in January, United can start prior talks with Dembele.

– ESPN + guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC daily on ESPN + (US only)
– Do not have ESPN? Get instant access

LIVE BLOG

10.14 GMT: Barcelona are negotiating the arrival of the FC Basel striker Arthur Cabralaccording to several reports.

According to both Sport and Mundo Deportivo, the Brazilian striker is considered to be the most viable opportunity to strengthen Xavi Hernandez’s squad in the winter transfer window.

With Barca still without attacking trio Sergio Aguero, Ansu Fati and Martin Braithwaite, all out injured, the Catalan club are desperate to bring reinforcements.

Cabral, 23, came to Basel in the summer of 2020 from Palmeiras for 6 million. He has scored 23 goals in 24 matches this season and has a contract with the Swiss giants until June 2023.

Cabral can arrive at the Camp Nou in January on a six-month loan, with Barca having an obligation to buy the player in the summer. Barca are ready to offer between € 8m to € 10m for the striker.

09.21 GMT: Manchester United have had an initial inquiry about the immediate availability of Mauricio Pochettino overthrown by Paris Saint-Germain, sources have told ESPN’s Rob Dawson.

United have made Pochettino their top goal as their next permanent manager after the firing of Ole Gunnar Solskjær on Sunday. The club are open to appointing Pochettino now if an agreement can be reached, but middlemen tasked with assessing the 49-year-old’s situation at PSG have reported back that the French side are so far unwilling to speak.

United believe it is likely that Pochettino will only be available in the summer unless the former Tottenham boss forces an exit. Sources have told ESPN that Pochettino would be keen on the vacancy at Old Trafford but is under contract in Paris until 2023 after signing an extension this summer.

Sources told ESPN that PSG have contacted former Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane in case Pochettino returns to the Premier League. Agreeing with Zidane will affect when and if Pochettino is allowed to leave PSG.

The PSG team was in action on Wednesday, losing 2-1 to United rivals Manchester City in the Champions League. When Pochettino was asked about United connections after the match, Pochettino was brave about his future.

“The players know our situation very well,” he said. “They know their situation. We live in a business where rumors are there.”

08.30 GMT: It informs the Daily Telegraph Mason Mount Is happy for Chelsea and is not in a hurry to extend its contract, which expires in 2024.

The report says talks with Mount may begin this summer.

Mount, 22, has proven to be one of Chelsea’s most important players, but the Blues have more urgent cases with four key defenders out on contract this summer. Offers for Andreas Christensen, Antonio Rudiger, César Azpilicueta and Thiago Silva is a priority for the club.

Christensen recently told the club’s official website that he is relaxed about his contract situation and hopes to be able to sign a new deal soon. Rudiger, meanwhile, has been linked with moves to Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain, all of whom could start talks with the German national team player from January 1, as they are foreign clubs.

PAPER SLADDER

Adama Traore could be on its way out of Molineux, with Wolves ready to listen to offers in January, writes Football Insider. It is reported that the club is prioritizing a permanent move to Hwang Hee-chan who have impressed during his loan spell from RB Leipzig, but they have to raise around £ 13 million to get the deal completed. Liverpool are one of the potential suitors, with the Reds still interested in the 25-year-old winger after tracking him down this summer.

– Chelsea seems to be resolving Thiago Silvas contract situation, with reports from UOL in Brazil that an agreement is imminent between the club and the player. The 37-year-old central defender has enjoyed his time at Stamford Bridge since joining from Paris Saint-Germain and playing a leading role at the heart of the defense. He is set to extend his stay with the Blues by an extra year, which will give him a contract until the summer of 2023.

Ekrem Konir reports that Rangers, as well as a host of English clubs, are monitoring Hearts defender John Souttar. The 25-year-old defender has caught the attention this season and was a prominent player when Scotland defeated Denmark 2-0 in the World Cup qualifiers earlier in November. It has been reported that Hearts are only looking for a transfer fee of £ 500,000.

Inter Milan want Marcelo Brozovic‘s new contract signed for Christmas, writes Fabrizio Romano. The 29-year-old midfielder has been in contract talks with the Serie A club for a number of weeks despite registered interest from PSG, and Inter chief executive Giuseppe Marotta has claimed he is “optimistic” about getting the deal over the line soon.

.

Leave a Comment