If you purchase an independently notified product or service via a link on our website, The Hollywood Reporter may receive an associated commission. Please note that prices and offers are accurate from the time of the press, but are subject to change.
If you’re already planning to upgrade your home theater setup with this weekend’s many Black Friday sales, you might as well expand your library of movies and TV shows as well. Many streamers use the therapy holiday to lure new subscribers in, and services including Hulu, Discovery +, Paramount +, Peacock and Philo offer great discounts to new customers for a limited time.
Do you want to get the most out of your new smart TV or soundbar (including the one you have on sale)? Beforehand, check out the best Black Friday deals on streaming services – just in time for binge-watching from Thanksgiving through the New Year.
Amazon Prime video
- The agreement Ending November 29, existing Amazon Prime subscribers can get up to two months of AMC, Discovery +, Noggin, Paramount + Premium, PBS, Showtime, Starz and other channels for 99 cents a month (regular $ 3 to $ 11 monthly)
Sign up for Amazon Prime Video
- The agreement Save over 70 percent for a limited time when you pay $ 2 per person. month for your first year under the annual plan, then $ 9 monthly.
- What to see The Walking Dead franchise, Doctor Who: Flux, Kevin Can F ** k Himself
Sign up for AMC
$ 24 for the first year
- The agreement Ending Nov. 29, save 85 percent on a one-year Walt Disney Company-owned Hulu when you sign up for the 99-cent-month ad-supported subscription during the streamer’s Black Friday Main Event; after 12 months, pay $ 7 monthly. The Disney + and ESPN + packages are excluded from the agreement, but Hulu also offers the first month free for new subscribers to the ad-free plan or a week free to the Live TV plan (which goes up to $ 65 per month and then rises again to $ 70 monthly December 21, 2021). Access Hulu original content as well as network TV shows and movies, including ABC, AMC, CBS, Disney, NBC, FX and more; you can also add Cinemax, HBO Max, Showtime and Starz for an additional fee.
- What to see The waitress’ story, Dopsyg, The big, Nine perfect strangers, This is us, grey’s Anatomy
Sign up for Hulu
$ 0.99 per month
- The agreement End of Monday, pay 99 cents for your first three months of Discovery +’s Ad-Lite plan; then it’s $ 5 a month. You get access to networks like Chip and Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Network along with A&E, Food Network, HGTV, History, Lifetime, OWN and others.
- What to see Introduction, Selma Blair; Fixer Upper: Welcome home; 90 day fiancé; Mythbusters
Sign up for Discovery +
$ 0.99 per month
- The agreement Ends November 29, get your first month with ViacomCBS-owned Paramount + for free with the code PEAKSALE; then it’s $ 5 monthly for the Essential plan or $ 10 monthly for the Premium plan. Both packages include access to tens of thousands of movies and TV shows, 24/7 live news on CBSN, your local CBS channel, the NFL on CBS live and more.
- What to see Star Trek: Discovery, Yellowstone, The good fight, Survivor; series and films coming in December are i.a. Rugrats holiday special, Bridget Jones Diary, Bridget Jones’ baby, Clerks, Scream franchise and more.
Sign up for Paramount +
$ Free the first month
- The agreement Take 50 percent off NBCUniversal’s Peacock Premium for six months, which will be $ 2.49 a month when you use the code TODAY; then pay $ 5 monthly.
- What to see Halloween kills, The office, Parks and recreation, Despicable Me, Trolls: World Tour
Sign up for Peacock
- The agreement From November 25 to December 1, new subscribers can use the BCFM code at checkout to save $ 20 on their first month of Philos’ live and on-demand Internet TV service, which includes access to over 60 channels; then pay $ 25 monthly. Channels include A&E, AMC, BET, CMT, Comedy Central, Lifetime, MTV, Own, Sundance TV and others. Plus, get a seven-day free trial to choose add-on packages, which subsequently cost $ 3 to $ 9 a month.
Sign up for Philo
$ 5 for the first month
- The agreement Get your first 30 days of on-demand streamer for free, then pay $ 4 for the next four months; thereafter, standard rates apply. You can also bundle with Paramount + and save up to 28% off when you get 30 days for free, then it’s $ 12 a month. Note that pay-per-view is excluded.
- What to see billion, Threaten, Dexter: New blood, Zola, Moonlight
Sign up for Showtime
$ first 30 days free
- The agreement Get your first month with Slings on-demand Orange or Blue streaming plans (each regularly $ 35 a month) for $ 10, or the Orange & Blue package (usually $ 50 a month) for $ 20. Both the individual Blue service and the Orange & Blue plan offer over 40 other local broadcast channels, and you can record up to 50 hours of content and stream on up to three devices.
Sign up for Sling
$ 10 for the first month
- The agreement Get your first three months for $ 15, then pay $ 9 monthly thereafter.
- What to see Iron Man 3, Power Book II: Ghost, Outlander, The luminaires, Jumanji: The next level
Sign up for Starz
$ 15 for the first 3 months
- The agreement Get your first month for $ 15, then pay $ 65 monthly. Get access to over 85 entertainment, news and live sports channels for up to six accounts, including AMC, CNN, Comedy Central, ESPN, Nickelodeon, Univision and more.
Sign up for YouTube TV
$ 15 for the first month