Dog killed after poisoning in Winnipeg neighborhood: police

WINNIPEG – Winnipeg police are warning dog owners to be vigilant after receiving reports that two dogs were intentionally poisoned.

Police received two reports from pet owners in the Minto neighborhood after the animals became ill from eating what was confirmed to be rodent poison.

“The rodent poison was contained in a plastic bag and had been thrown in their farms,” ​​police said in a press release.

“One of the dogs was treated medically and released while the other dog died due to ingestion of the poison.”

Police are urging pet owners to report suspicious conditions involving their pets eating a toxic substance that has been thrown in their yard.

If this happens, police said pet owners should get help from a veterinarian immediately.

Police said animal cruelty is a criminal offense and pet owners can report it online or by calling the non-emergency line at 204-986-6222.

var addthis_config = {services_exclude: "facebook,facebook_like,twitter,google_plusone"}; jQuery(document).ready( function(){ window.fbAsyncInit = function() { FB.init({ appId : '', // App ID channelUrl : 'https://static.ctvnews.ca/bellmedia/common/channel.html', // Channel File status : true, // check login status cookie : true, // enable cookies to allow the server to access the session xfbml : true // parse XFBML }); FB.Event.subscribe("edge.create", function (response) { Tracking.trackSocial('facebook_like_btn_click'); });

// BEGIN: Facebook clicks on unlike button FB.Event.subscribe("edge.remove", function (response) { Tracking.trackSocial('facebook_unlike_btn_click'); }); }; requiresDependency('https://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#async=1', function(){ addthis.init(); }); var plusoneOmnitureTrack = function () { $(function () { Tracking.trackSocial('google_plus_one_btn'); }) } var facebookCallback = null; requiresDependency('https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1&appId=', facebookCallback, 'facebook-jssdk'); }); .

Leave a Comment

x