- The FDA has awarded Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) to Shanghai Junshi Biosciences Co Ltd – Coherus BioSciences Inc’s (NASDAQ: CHRS) toripalimab for recurrent or metastatic nasopharyngeal cancer (NPC).
- NPC is a rare tumor of the head and neck region.
- The designation includes toripalimab in combination with chemotherapy (gemcitabine and cisplatin) for the first-line treatment of NPC.
- The FDA had previously awarded BTD for toripalimab monotherapy for patients with relapsed or metastatic NPC with disease progression on or after platinum-containing chemotherapy.
- Price promotion: CHRS shares are up 7.04% to $14.30 during the premarket session on Thursday’s last check.
- Related Content: Benzinga’s Full FDA calendar.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.