China says it is shocked by the WHO’s plan for Covid origin investigation

BEIJING – A senior Chinese health official said on Thursday he was shocked by the World Health Organization’s plan for the second phase of a Covid-19 origin study.

The National Health Commission, Deputy Minister Zeng Yixin, rejected the theory of laboratory leakage as a rumor contrary to common sense.

The WHO leader acknowledged last week that it was too early to rule out a potential link between the pandemic and a coronavirus leak from a Chinese laboratory.

Leave a Comment

x