WOODSTOCK TOWNSHIP, Mich. – Deputies are investigating what happened at the Faster Horses Festival after three men died inside the campsite on Saturday.
Original story: Lenawee County Sheriff: 3 killed in faster horses due to potential exposure to carbon monoxide
“Poor three guys had carbon monoxide inside their caravan,” Connie McTaggart said.
McTaggart said news of what happened at the Faster Horses Festival in Woodstock Township spread quickly around the city.
“It’s just really sad, you know, it was someone’s kids,” McTaggart said.
Lenawee County Sheriff Deputies told Local 4 that they got the call at. 13.27 Saturday about five people who did not respond to the campground, located near the corner of US-12 and Brooklyn Highway. When they arrived, they found five men inside the trailer. They started CPR treatment, but three died on the spot.
“It was thought-provoking, because again I have a 22-year-old. That’s how old these kids are, ”McTaggart said. “It is very destructive. I’m sad for the parents. ”
Deputies said a friend called 911 after not hearing from the five.
Deputies said the incident is being investigated as a suspected exposure to carbon monoxide from a generator. As for the other two victims, they are in critical condition.
The incident is not related to the death of a woman at the festival on Saturday morning.
Authorities are urging residents to remember to keep generators and exhaust fumes from driving vehicles away from campgrounds, tents and travel trailers.
More: Lenawee County news
Copyright 2021 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.